Monday, August 14, 2006

Yummie late summer dinners
















I just recently got back into cooking again after taking a nice vacation away from the kitchen. I echo Angela's thoughts (check out her cool blog! http://imaginedrose.blogspot.com/) about cooking being therapeutic as well as a cultural bridge.
Last night both Ang and Mike enjoyed Di's Pai Thai and tonight...Mikie got to enjoy Di's Kofta! Ummmmm.

So, I guess this is the start back into (my) normal life: school starting, new students etc....German Mafia/Frenchie parties....dinners and dancing the nights away......then hours at the library. Ya know, I really like that craziness!

While I am happy for it all to start again, I feel as though I was living in a bit of dream this summer. As Catalina reminded me, it was a good vacation, but did it feel like 'home'? I'd have to say 'no'........my experience this summer wasn't safe or full of unconditionalities but like a rollercoaster ride~

So, am I ready for safety? Do we need to scream this proclamation throughout the valley to somehow get the power to get out?

No comments:

Post a Comment