Monday, August 07, 2006

Blog connections










I was sent a really interesting Blog. This is a picture which sent chills through my spine. The blog is written by a young Lebanese woman my age---who is experiencing war.
Muzna's blog reflects back to the summer of 1982, where she was living in a civil war. She blames those around her for allowing the war to happen...and today she feels helpless, but her agency in this conflict is her voice....
" I was hoping the blog will help me write more regularly. I need to write, for my own sanity, I need to tell the stories to be able to let go of them. I will do soon"

I share her need to talk. To let the problems go through words. I wish I could help her like so many friends have helped me with my problems.

So today, I honor this strong woman. I share her love for family, friends and this idea of peace for Lebanon.


Muzna's blog: http://hakaya.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_hakaya_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment