Thursday, August 03, 2006

Our old friends


Old People Sign
Originally uploaded by rileyroxx.
So today I was in a hurry as usual....then life just made me stop and think. I was walking into a book store and this older man was struggling to get up the sidewalk and into the store. Of course I helped him with the door, but I realized how fragile he was. As we get older we lose our agile body functions, but does this too make us lose our happy nature?

I think about my Dad a lot when I see older people trying hard to walk. In the last months of my Dad's life he struggled to get in and out of places....but he seemed to try hard not to be sad in front of us.

So I think,
Is this our collective fate? Well, not me! I am determined to eat up life as long as I can.......heeeheee...well, hopefully my kids will enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment