Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My new love, Ontario's wine country

The beauty of Ontario wine country is really amazing. Of course many of us in Buffalo have been to the trendy "Niagara-on-the-Lake" wineries. It has only been just recently that I have ventured along the Niagara Peninsula to enjoy the wineries in St. Catherines, Jordan, Vineland, and Beamsville (thanks to Kris and Joe--for introducing me to the area!)
It was great that Theresa join our adventure! She is such a fun gale---I forsee lots of fun wine tours in all of our futures! I was glad Mike came along this trip---not only because we got to ride in his new car---but because I love him a lot and I am grateful that I have such a wonderful nephew, roomie and friend! Yes---we loved this wine so much we treated like a baby~

Thirty Bench winery has these wonderful notes that provide great information about the wine, but also a good laugh. Actually---all of us liked this wine. Incidentially---I think it sorta describes ME!
I never get tired of taking pictures of grapes! I think they embody the romance of wine---I guess for me the soul.



Everywhere we went we could see the lake in the distance.

I can't remember the name of this winery---but it was very European---it reminded me of a Swedish house...it was beautiful.


2 comments:

  1. visit this blog. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Di,
    When I have this baby, you can bet I'm gonna put it in on my back and traipse along the winery trail with you as my guide!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete