Sunday, October 15, 2006

More on the Friday the 13th Storm

I have spent the last 2 days helping friends and ensuring everyone is ok in the wake of the strangest snow storm I have ever seen~ I wanted to share some more pictures---you can see the difference from Friday to Saturday as the wind came a blew off the snow (which helped the trees survive)-- To see more of Amherst on Friday, the 13th, check out my friend Amresh's pictures: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~agkumar/
The streets were still not cleared out on Saturday. This is my sister's street. Power lines and down trees making driving dangerous.
However, Aidan was a happy kid---check out the gloves (we had to tape them on his hands to keep them warm).

Gas lines were incredible---as people stock up on Gas for their car as well as for generators. The "Generator craze" was amazing. My brother-in-law's dad went to Celevland to get one. For those that did get to buy one in Buffalo, they found long lines for Gas. Some gas stations didn't have pumping units due to power outages.

However, I found this whole disaster a wake up call. As people went crazy at Wegman's stocking up on what they deemed as 'necessities', I thought about the meaning of a 'real' necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment