Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Iftar celebration

Tonight I went to celebrate the breaking of the daily fast with friends at a local Mosque. During Ramadan Fasting is prescribed for Muslims by Allah & is one of the fundamental 5 pillars of Islam.

I have to say, I always enjoy going to this event....I feel so welcomed by the muslims in Buffalo and encouraged to ask questions that allows me to really understand (of course from my outsiders perspective)...and I got a pretty good crash course in Arabic...

But as always, I feel so lucky to have these opportunities. And, thanks to Rema--I also got to meet the head of the FBI in Buffalo....
~~ watch out, I may be recruited for counterterrorism work! AHHHHH

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Everything was great...including that Kabab&Curry Feast...:-)

    ReplyDelete