Thursday, July 19, 2007

Falling in love....with my summer book


I'm Smart, Damn It!, originally uploaded by tjdee.

Gabriel García Márquez is a Nobel Prize winning Colombian author--- and is now one of my favorite author's as well.

If you haven't had a chance to pick up one of his books...please do, I am now reading "One hundred years of Solitude"
The book is considered García Márquez's masterpiece, ---it's a wonderful tale that is a metaphor of the history of Colombia or Latin America.The novel chronicles a family's struggle, and the history of their fictional town---this story has me falling in love with the town, it's characters and their lives.

The magical aspects of this book reminds me of the beauty of another wonderful Latin writer.... Guillermo del Toro who wrote and directed "Pan's Labyrinth".......

So get a nice coffee and a sunny Sunday and enjoy this book with me~

No comments:

Post a Comment