Friday, June 15, 2007

What do you protest ?


Tiana Square, originally uploaded by maasha.

I recently saw this fantastic documentary about the Tienanmen Square protests of 1989... PBS's Frontline produced a film by Antony Thomas--where he went to China in search of "The Tank Man." The documentary went in depth asking questions like---Who was he? What was his fate? (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tankman/view/)

I really find it interesting to think about this guy. What is also interesting is that many young Chinese do not have ANY idea this protest even happened. Was his bravery for naught? Or, did this prompt the Chinese government to change it's policies and in essence become the emerging superpower it is today?

I guess this made me question, what do I believe in so much that I would stand in front of tank and risk my life?

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment