Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Eid To all my friends… Eid Mubarak

Today is a holiday celebrated by many of my friends...it's Eid. Last year I was in Morocco for this holiday...an experience I will never forget thanks to my wonderful friends...and of course Ali and his family.

Thanks to Wikipedia, here is some background about the holiday:

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى ‘Īd al-’Aḍḥā) is a religious festival celebrated by Muslims and Druze worldwide as a commemoration of Ibrahim's (Abraham's) willingness to sacrifice his son Ismael for Allah. It is one of two Eid festivals that Muslims celebrate (Muslims in Iran celebrate a third, non-denominational eid ). Like Eid el-Fitr, Eid ul-Adha begins with a short prayer followed by a sermon (khuṭba).

Many warm wishes my friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment