Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Create Peace


Create Peace, originally uploaded by Roger Lynn.

I think most of us in Academia type work feel very disconnected with how we can make a difference.
I have been really re-thinking why I am here, and what am I really doing to make a difference.

I know answers will come with time.

In the meantime, I realized that feeling inadequate isn't the answer--- someone very profound sent me this message, and I think it's food for thought:

"You long for peace. You think of peace as being goodwill toward each other, goodwill among nations, the laying down of arms. But peace is far more than this. It can only be understood and realized within your heart. It lies beneath the turmoil and noise and clamor of the world, beneath feeling, beneath thought. It is found in the deep, deep silence and stillness of the soul. It is Spirit: it is GOD." White Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment