Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"the book" is found!


PhD is dead!, originally uploaded by lobeless.

So, this is what my desk looks like....books, books and more books.
But, yesterday a little angel (Rachel and the Inter-library Loan service) brought me the PERFECT book for my dissertation topic.

Universities and Globalization: To market, To market

This book examines the operations of power and knowledge in international education--- exactly what I am interested in. And it's written by a thoughtful, insightful scholar named Ravinder Sidhu.

I was so excited....it was such a wonderful gift and I feel revived to continue with pursuing this crazy PhD~

1 comment:

  1. Di, I have only the vaguest memory of suggesting this book to you... but I'm glad I could help revive your interest- got any book suggestions for me?!?!

    ReplyDelete