Wednesday, September 20, 2006

We are Peace, We make Peace


His Holiness the Dalai Lama graced UB's Campus this week. I was lucky enough to see him up-close in a closed session with just Chinese students.
He is truly a beautiful soul. He is
love, humility and grace. What also makes him so special is the way he uses HUMOR as a way to bridge differences. During his talk with the Chinese students, he commended their 5 century history to pay respect for their culture, and chuckled and said; And Chinese food is just fantastic! All of us laughed in agreement.

Here is just one picture I captured during this event. I was touched by his visit... I am thankful that my job allowed me to be close to the events.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! He has a wonderful sence of humor :) we should all try to live life with his wonderful lessons in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Yeah...he is acute little man...:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, hope you don't mind me using your photo. I wrote a story about that morning's event and my camera wasn't there with me. Drop it like it's hot over at http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=1265

    ReplyDelete