Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Reggae Tuesday



Tuesday in the Park was so much fun....
what better way to celebrate summer Freedom than via Reggae Music... I think this type of music speaks to us who are making our life's work about Social Justice.
These songs of Freedom, is all I ever had...Redemption song...


One of my favorite Reggae Songs is by FINLEY QUAYE--check out the lyrics...
Ride on and turn the people on
My bassman is a ghostAnd my ghost is a news carrierNews carrier back me up man
I had some painI becameYou're satelliteGot to get it all right
SightI know a man called SylvesterHim have to wear a bullet proof vest y'allNo kinda way no kinda way at all
Music liveChildren learn
I may be trigger happyBut I wished I had a pappy

To show me right from wrongAnd good from evil
This is the future heyI ain't gonna shoot you hey
And if you feel you got to moveI man can supply a groove

I man can soothe for real
Had a daddy had a pappaWho ran away from my mother
SeeThose who have eyes like mineLet them shine All time all star
I had some painI became you're sonic satelliteGot to get it all right Just right
I know a man called SylvesterHim have to wear a bullet proof vest y'allNo kinda way no kinda way through the day
Music live??? learn
I may be trigger happyBut I wished I had a pappyTo show me right from wrongAnd good from evil
This is the future heyI ain't gonna shoot ya hey
And if you feel you got to scream'Cause you're dealing with the creamYou're not wrong
Had a daddy had a pappaWho ran away from my mother
Had a daddy had a pappaHim inspire and entertainThen my mother mash up in brain
So had a daddy had a pappaW

ho ran away from my mother yeah
My friend he is a snapperBut enjoy dress up snapperDapper snapper dapper dapper snapper
Gunshot a capellaShoot out a capellaRocket interstellar

Take it interstellarShoot out a capella???

Ride on and turn the people on

Never mind morganThieved my mamma's tomatoThieved her sweet potatoReball the bananaThen they make it hyperFor us to live togetherMy generationGot to stand up in loveThe higher the moreThe stronger the harderDo you see itHeyThose who have eyes like a donRide on and turn the people on

Ride on and turn the people on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment