Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A road we all travel


Country road
Originally uploaded by Igor Alecsander.
Today I realized how we all travel such a similar road in life, we are all in just different places at different times, yet we (almost all) experience happiness, love, loss, saddness etc...
As I stumbled on to my friend's blog....I realized this yet again....how much we are connected as humans and how this medium can help us all remember life is a beautiful path (like this one).... and to enjoy each step of the way...

So, to remind me of that beauty...here's a quote from the "Gita" (for those that don't know it's an Indian Hindu book)

"If one ponders on objects of the senses, there springs Attraction: from attraction grows desire, Desire flames to fierce passion, passion breeds recklessness; then the memory--all betrayed--Lets noble purpose go, and saps the mind, Till purpose, mind and man are all undone"

What does it mean? I don't really know, but I see it as we all go through these crazy times (and maybe bad decisions or good ones?) to experience WHO WE ARE...and when I remember that, I really feel truly happy and content (even when I am sad)....

So my friend, please don't despair....

1 comment: